"God ... reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation."
2 Corinthians 5:18
We encourage every member to be a minister within the body and to the world.
Our corporate ministries include:
- We believe that the normal practice of the local body of Christ is expressed in
the context of families worshiping together.
This is evidenced in our joint family worship Sundays from
9:30 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
Our order of service is Praise, Prayer, the Lord's Supper, and the Preaching of the Word (Acts 2:42).
- Fellowship, as evidenced in Acts 2:42, is an important part of our corporate worship experience.
Community is developed as we "bear one another's burdens."
This is why we encourage everyone to stay for the "second hour" from 11:15 - 12:15.
While the kids "fellowship" on the playground, the adults share personal prayer requests in an informal setting.
Area fellowship groups are another way we strengthen bonds within the body.
Smaller family groups meet together in homes or during activities to fellowship,
pray, share, and encourage one another.
- Each Wednesday night from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. we engage in Character First training and activities for
Older children and teens help mentor the younger children.
The teens then participate in adult-led studies
on current issues facing the church.
A monthly Ladies Bible Study provides an opportunity for ladies to share and study together.
- Each Wednesday night includes an adult prayer time where we uplift each other as well as our community, nation and world to the Lord.
Our Men's Prayer Meeting is every third Tuesday at 7:30 p.m.
- Along with the relationships and personal ministry to our community,
there are many ways that we seek to be "salt and light" to our own "Jerusalem and Judea", including:
- Aid and support of the Hope Center, Cherokee County's crisis pregnancy center.
- Participation in Georgia Right to Life and the political process.
- Construction of our new church building in order to "stretch our tentpegs" and further expand our community ministry.
- The Siren Supper to honor those serving in law enforcement and public safety.
- Support for Bethany Place.
- Help for the Feed My Lambs Christmas ministry.
- World Missions
- Our primary foreign evangelism and ministry occurs through our Asian outreach.
In addition to supporting local workers in our target nation,
we fund and oversee Christian micro-enterprise development ministries there.
Through regular mission trips, we meet, aid, and guide our dear brothers and sisters on the other side of the globe.